First in Baku
The newspaper:“Haikakan Ashkharh” (Armenian World), Baku, 1877-78, editor-publisher Stepanos Stepane
The book: “Hndkatsvots Antske Anmardabnak Kghzinerum” (The Passing of the Indians through Inhabited Islands) translated by Avag Grigorian (1872)
The printing house: Armenian Philanthropic Society (1870)
The library: the library of Armenian Philanthropic Society (1870)
The reading-hall: Armenian Philanthropic Society (1880)
The first in the world Baku-Batumi oil pipeline was laid by the Armenian industrialists (A. Mantashian, Ter-Akopov, Ter-Margarian and the others) in 1897-1907.
The first Philanthropic organization: Armenian Philanthropic Society (1864)
The first 2 kerosene factories in Baku were founded in 1868 by Hovhannes Minas Mirzoyan, one of the “father founders” of Baku oil-industry.
The first oil-well in Absheron was constructed by Hovhannes Minas Mirzoyan in 1869.
The first to develop the technique of caviar preservation in tin cans was Vardan Arshakuni (1853).
The first chocolate fabric in Baku was founded by Piliposian brothers. Their product got 3 gold medals in different international competitions.
The first natural juice and mineral water fabric in Transcaucasia was founded by S. Melik-Ghulambariants in 1891.
The first mirror factory of Caucasus in Baku was founded by A. Khajarian in 1891.
The first Azerbaijani national instrumental ensemble in Baku was established by conductor A. Ionnisian.
The first opera building in Baku was designed by E. Mayilian in 1908.
For the first time in Baku Stepan and Alma Safrazians, a married couple of actors performed translated plays of contemporary famous dramaturges for Azerbaijani-speaking public.